Parham, between Storrington and Pulborough, includes the hamlets of Rackham, Parham, Greatham and Wiggonholt.
It has three churches including St Peter`s in the vast Parham Park, an estate which dominates the parish.
Of special interest is the church`s 17th century box pews and a 14th century lead font. The churches at Wiggonholt and Greatham were originally built for shepherds who tended sheep on the Wild Brooks.
Parham House is a large Elizabethan mansion, set in the extensive grounds of Parham Park, near to the parish church.
The house and gardens are open from the 3rd of April to the 31st of October on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays. private viewing by appointment.
The whole parish is dotted with fine examples of early English domestic architecture and open land picnic spots.
A population of180 lives on 1600 hectares.
With grateful thanks to West Sussex Newspapers Ltd for the use of these notes from their Horsham District Citizens Guide.