Nuthurst village is one of several distinct hamlets within the parish of Nuthurst,
which comprises Maplehurst, Mannings Heath, Copsale, Monks Gate and Sedgwick, all immediately south east of Horsham.
The village of Nuthurst has some attractive 16th century buildings, including the timber framed Black Horse Inn and St Andrew`s church which is itself more than 900 years old.
1688 people live on 1500 hectares.
With grateful thanks to West Sussex Newspapers Ltd for the use of these notes from their Horsham District Citizens Guide.