Christ`s Hospital is a small community which sprang up around the famous school of the same name. It is in a rural situation within the parish of Southwater, just to the south of Horsham.
The Blue Coat school was founded in London by King Edward VI in 1553 and moved to its present 500 hectare West Sussex estate in 1902.
On the school campus is a sports centre which offers an excellent range of facilities used by local clubs and associations.
The school`s 500 seat theatre plays host to a wide and varied programme of professional music and drama as well as performances by the students themselves.